more reflections on Prinz

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 06:48:41 -0500

At 09:36 PM 1/28/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Charles writes:
><< I guess I didn't know what I was in for, even after I read Ed's warning
>(about habit-forming pure intervals) on his CD's. Life will never be the
>same again.
>  >>

>Welllllll,  I tried to warn ya!   Many people think those warning labels are
>for humor, but nothing could be further from the truth.  ET loses a lot of
>its attraction after the ear becomes accustomed to some real key color and
>there have been several writers tell me that they would never listen the same
>again.  This has got to mean something, no?
>Regards,
>Ed

Well, I took the plunge and offered a non-ET tuning to a piano teacher. She
asked, "What will it do for me"?
I said that it will give more tone color, she said without hesitation, "Do it".

I loaded a representative Victorian temperament in the Verituner and tuned
away.  The results were a pleasant
surprise. Fuller, warmer, was her initial response.; loving it - days
later. One of her adult students told me the
piano never sounded better and will probably want something similar on his
piano next tuning.

There's no turning back...

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician