Wapin bridge

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:55:46 0000

Ron,
That's an interesting idea.  I had thought of it too.  I think it would certainly be
a good place to start.  It would give an indication of what the sound is like when
individual notes are played and would certainly allow a side by side comparison
of notes throughout the scale.  The shortfall, in my view, is that I usually really
judge a piano by sitting down and playing it rather than listening to individual
notes.  With a half and half piano it would be difficult to make an evaluation in
this way.  However, given that it's probably going to be nearly impossible to
build two identical pianos, one with wapin and one without, then it's a better
idea than anything else I can come up with at the moment.  If I were the wapin
people I would think this would be a great selling tool (assuming of course that
the wapin unisons do in fact show better - maybe they've already tried this and
thought better of showing it to the public).

Phil F