Twisting bass strings (physics)

Jason Kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:38:16 -0800

So: what if I twisted a plain steel string, say, five full turns before
pounding in the tuning pin and pulling it up to tension? Ten turns? From the
physics viewpoint, this is a non-issue? And if it IS an issue, at what point
does it become a non-issue? and why?

jason kanter * piano tuning * piano teaching
bellevue, wa * 425 562 4127 * cell 425 831 1561
orcas island * 360 376 2799