lotsa dampers

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:56:25 -0500

Tom,

Ron Overs refers to the Knights as quality instruments.  So I've heard.  But my
experience with them has caused me to react with "Oh no not another one!"
whenever I meet one.  I only service about five (all verticals), and of those
only one is close to working correctly.  And their construction makes them more
difficult to service than most consoles, in my opinion (other than simple
tuning).

The decal under the lid says they are manufactured for the American market, but
maybe they really didn't know what climate conditions would do to a piano here.
It may also be that they should have had extensive dealer preparation that they
never received.

In any case, I now have this handful of Knights that need total regulation and
remedies of sluggish actions.  Unfortunately, doing the required work will cost
as much or more than the value of the pianos, and the clients don't want to part
with that kind of money on these aging instruments.  So, their quality
notwithstanding, I'd be happy never to see another one.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger