Broken TP

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 07:02:53 -0500

I've had this happen to me once and the only way I found was to drill it
out. I started with a 1/8" drill bit and gradually worked my way to bigger
bit until the tuning pin was almost gone. I then used a (I don't know the
english word but I will guess) an extractor. This extractor will only work
when there is almost no pin left in the hole.

Marcel Carey RPT
Sherbrooke, QC

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Avery Todd
Sent: 31 janvier, 2002 06:25
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Broken TP

List,

Anyone have a good way to extract a broken tuning pin
on a new Baldwin Hamilton? There's about 1/4"+ still
extending beyond the plate but it's EXTREMELY tight
in the block!

I've never had this happen to me and actually, this
information is for another tech. Any brilliant ideas
out there? Thanks.

Avery