Broken TP

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:12:45 +0200

Unless it was an extreeeeemly loose pin you would not be able to use a
screwdriver, even if the placement of the other pins and strings allowed you
to get a hacksaw in there.

You want a tuning pin extractor   part #  110 in Schaff catalog, page 46

Brian

Avery:

Could you cut a slot in it with a hack saw blade and then turn it out
with a screw driver?

dave

On 1/31/02 at 5:25 AM Avery Todd wrote:

>List,
>
>Anyone have a good way to extract a broken tuning pin
>on a new Baldwin Hamilton? There's about 1/4"+ still
>extending beyond the plate but it's EXTREMELY tight
>in the block!
>
>I've never had this happen to me and actually, this
>information is for another tech. Any brilliant ideas
>out there? Thanks.
>
>Avery

David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu