super glued plate

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:28:59 EDT

In a message dated 01/07/02 9:10:10 AM, Whitmire25@msn.com writes:

<< I tried to put a little pressure using jacks, but it's really stuck.

Sam;
 I know you have checked and double checked to make sure there are no screws
left in the plate........buttttttt..... check at least twice more! :-)
  OK screws all gone?...for sure?......even the screws in the foot/bellyrail?

With your favorite jack/wedge system apply upward force to the
'plate'........just a tad more than would be needed to hold the plate up if
the block were not in........
Take a dowel, wood or metal, ...place it in a plate TP hole closest to the
plate/block web     and with a fair sized hammer rap sharply, repeat all
along the front holes until block releases.......patience not force will get
the job done....
Good luck....did I mention you probably should check for more screws?? O:-)
Jim Bryant (FL)