Peterson 490ST Strobe tuner....good?

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:59:03 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Richard, or anyone,

I'm curious what algorithms are used to calculate a tuning curve based on
harmonic measurements of 1 or more notes. Is that information available?

I'd like to try to do this manually sometime: I'd measure the offsets of
each harmonic of the test note(s) (using an ETD) and then use that info to
calculate the tuning curve. I'd like to try different methods.

I suppose I could come up with a way to do this, but I'm sure people have
spent a good deal of time thinking this through thoroughly. Anyone know if
these algorithms are published anywhere?

Charles Neuman