convention

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:33:00 -0500

The convention was a challenge for piano movers- long story behind that,
which probably will be told for a long time in board meetings. But there
was one glaring, glowing reality which made the week more than bearable-
Allan, as director. When we were moving pianos at 1:00 a.m. because of
the mess caused by the hotel, Allan was there moving pianos with us, even
though he had to be at the morning planning session at 4:00 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday when the moving grew to a frantic pace, Allan was
there helping with the dirty work.   Though there was a malestrom of
activity going on at the level of the political, those of us who were
around him never were subjected to any of those difficult decisions,
negotiations, impossibly long hours, and inner tensions.   To the
attendees the convention was run with exquisite smoothness, the other
less pleasant aspects hidden because of the superb efforts on the part of
all those who ran the event, and the unwavering stability of this years
superb director.

Those who knew there were signirficant challenges at virtually every
moment saw the PTG staff, and the Institute staff as  people who worked
and sacrificed incredibly so the convention could be an occasion of fine
learning, great music making, and networking. Greatness was quietly on
display every day by marvelous people who worked under constant
pressures and little or no sleep. My body hates me for the abuse given it
last week, but my spirit has been richly rewarded for the privilege of
working for/with a group of individuals who gave far more than I could
have imagined.
Highest praises from this individual for the convention leadership.
les bartlett
houston

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.