Tuning Square Grands/Tuning Hammer - In theory

phil frankenberg rinkyd@pacbell.net
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 07:36:25 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Wynne" <ptuner@optonline.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: Tuning Square Grands/Tuning Hammer - In theory

> At 03:26 PM 7/1/02 -0500, Phil wrote:
> >Matt
> >Your argument appears sound, but I have to agree with Joe's assessment.
The
> >longer the lever , the more flex. More flex, less accuracy.
>

> a) That depends on the lever
>
> b) I can feel the difference between the lever flexing, pin torquing, and
> the pin turning
>
> -Matt

Matt

Yes, you could have a long and very stiff lever. And I too can fell the
difference between flex torque and turn
but I think I would be able to feel it less and less the longer the lever
becomes. I'm not trying to be contrary here for the sake of it. I just know
that when I use and exstension hammer extended, I lose some control, which
translates to lost accuracy.

Phil Frankenberg