Convention Through July 4th!

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:31:31 EDT

In a message dated 7/2/02 12:38:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

> I attended one convention through July 4th. I will never do it again!
> Everyone, stores, shops, were all closed, including most of the eating
> establishments. The hotel was on skeleton crew for that day, as well. NO
> WAY!
> Regards,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

I think you're over reacting, Joe. Nowadays, holidays aren't observed by
businesses so much anymore, especially around convention centers, except for
Thanksgiving and Christmas. Yes, three  might be a few stores and small
restaurants that would be closed, but most will be open. Besides, the 4th is
on a Friday next year. That would be the only day those stores and restaurant
would be closed. So make plans to come to Dallas, and support the PTG.

Wim