Convention 2003

Gordon Holley gholley@hi-techhousing.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:14:58 -0500

Oh yes, and Polish, Italian, Jewish and Greek.  Ya know, 6/8, 3/4,
5/4, and if'n I ain't got it in the books, I find it and write an
arrangement.  Last year we did an Irish gig (hired to young girls,
violins, guitar, tin whistle and vocals to enhance my 7 pcs band; one
Jewish and one Greek, (added a trumpet man on these to go with two
reed men). My bass man also plays the trombone and the guitar man can
double on bass, so that makes for some nice combinations. I'm the
keyboard man also with a syn and controller on a vocalizer for 4 part
harmony; backup, Four Freshmen, Oak Ridge Boys, and other patches.
Now you better have some roadies come in and help pack up and load
the equipment after 4 hours on one of these jobs, 'cause your a__ __
will be draggin'.  A rack with 3 amps, sound module for the Rhodes
MK80 piano, mixer, etc. Four speaker combinations going out front,
and 6 hot spots for monitors, 5 mic stands (everybody sings) and the
drummer and I wear Crown headworn pics. But then it's fun and in four
hours as leader that's about 4 separate piano tuning appointments,
and no 1098, ya know.  Capish?
Gordon Holley.