Super glued plate

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 22:40:44 EDT

In a message dated 02/07/02 10:26:00 PM, JamesBakerRPT@carolina.rr.com writes:

<< I just never have heard of putting on keytops with acetone, but the piano

world is new, wonderful and strange in my eyes.

James Baker >>

James;
 Back in the days when Dinosaurs still roamed the earth, and Jack Wyatt was a
young man, a mixture of keytops melted in Acetone was used to apply new
keytops. This was used in the factory as well as in the field. Long after the
factories stopped using the stuff individual techs stilled used it and many
still do.
  For the old 'pyralin' keytops it worked very well but if you used too much
acetone, vs keytop material, the tops would 'suck' down into any holes in the
keytop...........this gives the effect of 'dimples' which you are probably
used to seeing and wondering where they came from...... :-) The 'new' molded
keytop material is more susceptible to this dimpling than the old pyralin and
that is one reason the thingees are so danged thick...............

<<"but the piano

world is new, wonderful and strange in my eyes">>
May it ever remain such Butterfly..............