Dallas Convention

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:29:58 EDT

nhunt@optonline.net writes:

> If the Dallas hotel is uncooperative then cancel the contract and negotiate
> with
> another hotel.  Let the hotel sue us and explain in court how they so
> royally
> screwed PTG.  Same management same problems!
>
> Vent over.
>
>         Newton

PTG management is seriously looking into this. However, it is not as easy as
that. In the long run, if we break our contract, and don't compensate the
Hyatt in any way, it could make it difficult for us to have conventions in
the future. Maybe you are not aware of this, but hotels do communicate with
each other, even different chains. If word gets around that the PTG has
broken a contract, we'll have a much more difficult getting good hotels at
good rates.

The Hyatt didn't "break" the contract. They changed room assignments, and
maybe thing difficult for us. But the convention still went on. As has been
mentioned on this list several times, most of the attendees didn't even
realize there was a problem. What we (the home office staff and the board),
are trying to do is change the dates. But so far, the hotel hasn't budged. We
are getting some concessions, but the only concession we want is other dates.
The hotel just doesn't have any. The only alternative is to cancel the
contract. But that will cost us $60,000. If anyone has an idea of how to
raise that kind of money, let Nolan or Barb know. I am sure they would be
interested. In the mean time, all we can do is make our plans, and hope for
the best. If the Hyatt does screw us again, it will be to their detriment. We
have been very good customers of theirs in the past. But we don't have to go
to a Hyatt every year. There are lots of other facilities.

Wim