Dallas Convention

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 13:15:46 -0700

At 03:33 PM 7/3/2002 -0400, Newton wrote:
>Maybe if we got a reputation that bothering us will be unwise and dangerous to
>your well being maybe we will get what we agreed for in the first place.

No one likes feeling powerless, but in this case our power seems to be
quite limited. If we had a level playing field, the PTG could ask the Hyatt
to compensate us financially for all that piano moving. Obviously, they
hold too many of the cards. But we shouldn't forget how they treated us.
There are other hotels. Personally, I wouldn't even mind holding the
meeting on a college campus. Ritzy hotels never really make my day. I
doubt that this would be popular with the majority, however. But if
we met on a campus we certainly wouldn't be limited to overpriced hotel
restaurants.

Susan