Chicago (was Re: Dallas Convention)

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 18:50:40 -0400

In a message dated Wed, 3 Jul 2002 3:58:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, kswafford@earthlink.net writes:

> On 7/3/02 2:33 PM, "Newton Hunt" <nhunt@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > I know, I know, but sometimes I have to blow off some steam when friends of
> > mine are getting a raw deal and I think what was done to us was about as raw
> > as it gets.
> >
> > I still think we were messed about overly much and the hotel should compensate
> > us for the inconveniences.
>
> It would be a mistake to assume that no financial adjustments were made. It
> is an open question whether the adjustments were adequate to make up for the
> inconvenience to our piano movers and other institute volunteers.
>
> But in the end, most convention attendees, with a few big exceptions, were
> unaware of the problems; the institute committee kept the problems behind
> the scenes out of pride and sheer determination. Our debt
> to the institute
> committee and volunteers is a very large one.
>
> Kent Swafford

Kent, I taught 3 classes in Chicago and never noticed a ripple, in fact if I had not snuck into the "Oval Office" I would have never guessed there was a problem.  When I noticed all the flow charts and schedules and cross references (just the tip of the iceberg) I was dumbfounded.  The amount of work involved is astronomical even without a major glitch like this.  My hat is off!!!

Thanks,
David Koelzer
DFW