perfect pitch

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 20:26:01 -0500

> Whenever somebody has the nerve to claim perfect pitch to me, I will
> always
> test them.  It's a parlor trick to them, but I'm eternally amazed.

I had an accompanist, raised in Singapore who said they were taught to
have very close to perfect pitch.  One day I took her to a practice room,
tuned A-440, had her listen. When I tuned to 441 she said she wasn't sure
she could tell a difference. When I tuned to 339, she said the note had
definitely been flattened................
les bartlett
houston

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.