self tuning piano????

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 23:26:53 -0700

Hmm? I guess I better get my 2 cents in. Seems to me, if the principal by
which this thingee works, is to heat the strings to lower them into pitch;
then I suspect a change in the piano wire tempering would occur. If that
were the case, then them puppies'd need restringing often. Also, the current
running through the strings would need to be extremely low, else the usual
"string strummers" would get a good jolt. :-)
All this, to me, is an exercise in stupidity. Oh well, it's his money, let
him throw it after naught.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)