hammers

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 16:10:31 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/2002 9:19:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,=20
antares@EURONET.NL writes:

> Subj:Re: hammers=20
> Date:7/4/2002 9:19:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF=3D"mailto:antares@EURONET.NL">antares@EURONET.NL</A>
> To:<A HREF=3D"mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet=20
>=20
> Greetings Antares
>   =20
>   very interesting post!

   Your post on this wonderful felt are recieved with open ears. Sounds like=
=20
a voicers dream. This hammer and felt must be a different animal than what i=
s=20
in the American Renner blues for I have not cared for that sound no matter=20
how well voiced. Flame suit on and Just My biased opinion.
  I would love to have a resource address and phone number for the hammers/=20
or the felt your referring to.
  I've heard rumors of this type felt before. The info sounds vaguely like=20
the Russians ate this rare variety of sheep story when they invaded and=20
that's why mysterious wunder  felt isn't available to us now.  I don't mean=20
to be cynical but really I've heard this story before and wondered about the=
=20
truth of it.
  I do however think that this type of felt when it did or does exist has=20
been described to me as kashmir which I think would be ideal. I'd like to=20
order some and have it pressed up at Ronsen.
  I would find it refreshing if Yamaha and others really had such a felt and=
=20
were able to process it without making them too hard to needle. I appreciate=
=20
this post and any hard addresses or numbers would be appreciated by us all.
   Best   >>>> Dale Erwin>>>>>