hamsters and protek

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Fri, 05 Jul 2002 19:29:27 -0500

On 7/5/02 4:49 PM, "Tvak@AOL.COM" <Tvak@AOL.COM> wrote:

> I got out the Protek that I had just bought at the APSCO booth at the
> convention.  It's the solid form, a kind of jelly.

Just a caution about this jelly -- don't use it on rubber. I had an
embarrassingly long-running problem with a squeak in a damper pedal which
would come back within hours of being lubed with this "jelly". The problem
turned out to be the rubber cap at the bottom of the pedal rod. I finally
replaced the cap and lubed the new one with teflon powder; it's been many
months now with no squeak yet.

Kent S