Bridge design

Ron Overs ron@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:54:08 +1000

Hi Ron N.

>>Interestingly, something I have noticed about transition bridges is
>>that they also need an extension running out from their treble end,
>>to increase the impedance. This extension would therefore run
>>further out towards the center of the board. I am thinking now that
>>it should be long enough to run over another sound board rib.
>

>Or attached to and Y'd out from the long bridge.
>
>Ron N

Agreed, we do this also, but I believe the other end is better
extended also. That G2 we did last year with a transition bridge
sounded a lot better with a longer extension. The transition bridge
was also attached directly to the long bridge.

See http://overspianos.com.au/g2ohd.jpeg

Ron O.
--

OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY