Bridge design

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 07 Jul 2002 13:23:25 -0500

>>Or attached to and Y'd out from the long bridge.
>>
>>Ron N
>
>Agreed, we do this also, but I believe the other end is better extended
>also. That G2 we did last year with a transition bridge sounded a lot
>better with a longer extension. The transition bridge was also attached
>directly to the long bridge.
>
>See http://overspianos.com.au/g2ohd.jpeg
>
>Ron O.

Ron,
I meant the other way, with the transition bridge attached to the long
bridge at the high end of the transition, extending the low end toward the
rim some if necessary. Either works, or not attached at all. But I agree,
either way, it has to be supported enough to meet the stiffness
requirements. This is where having the luxury of re-designing the rib scale
too makes it easier to decide what you can put where.

Fun stuff.