content police..was Ex. Com.

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 23:17:53 EDT

In a message dated 07/07/02 10:17:55 PM, joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

<< Let me put this as succinctly as possible: Put A Cork In It!!!! >>

Joe...succincter....no................

 Do you realize that you could have used your 'delete' key 112 times rather
than writing this content police note?

 You are right this is not a joke net and I was being serious with my replies
to John Smith...in order to make a point...obviously you have missed it.

 The point being that I have as yet to see anyone's grammar usage or spelling
expertise displayed too the level where they can safely criticize those they
consider "irritating" "confusing" "annoying" or "unacceptable". This comment
includes those who have been most vocal............ as well as myself.

 Obviously subtlety doesn't work with you and perhaps some others...but that
is just my observation and opinion.

  Let em spell it out then.......This list is subscribed to by persons from
around the world, many of whom have chosen English as a second language. If
those individuals see constant spelling/grammar police comments they will
think twice about posting in a language they are fairly unfamiliar with.  As
for those who have English as a first language and should know better....
they will also be reluctant to use this list as fully as they might.

If you, or anyone else, want absolutely correct usage and spelling go two an
English Lit. site.
If you or anyone else want direct control over all the content of a list then
start your own danged list.

Spell checkers are nice but they two are fallible as was pointed out earlier.

 In short the list could stand a little common courtesy in regard to
criticizing posters and making pianotech a more fully utilized friendly
resource by all the subscribers and not just the perfect among us..

But..hey, what the heck do I know..ya know?
Jim Bryant (FL)