HVLP

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 07:38:28 -0400

At 07:15 AM 7/8/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>   Hi,
>   I bougt the Apollo 800 HVLP triple turbine spraying system at the
> convention.Are there any first time pointers I should know about,going to
> this system ,from a conventional air compressor system?I have a Baldwin R
> I'm rebuiding,as well as refinishing,and it will probally be the first
> job I get to use it on.
>   Thanks,
>   Hazen Bannister

I've been using the Apollo 800+ for ten years and love it.

Spray 6 to 8 inches away from the surface. The transfer rate is faster than
a pressure system because
not so much is lost to the air. So initially what you might think as too
light of a coat actually is sufficient.

I hope you received a quick release cup with that. The screw-on is a pain.
I also switched to a 1mm tip.

My unit came with a 40' hose. I cut it in half (to 20', that is) and the
pressure increased slightly. If you have
trouble spraying due to a thicker viscosity you can increase the air flow
by moving the air input from the
bottom of the handle to the back of the head, there is a plug just above
the needle adjustment screw.

The touch-up gun is handy too but if you need to spot spray and only have a
little material, place the paint
in a small jar and insert that into the cup; the take-up tube will draw
from that. Just remember to keep the cup upright.

Try some PianoLac with your new system, a match made in Heaven.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com