tuning hammer tip

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 04:29:10 +0000

Hi, Claudia,

   All the comments so far about a tip wrench and lots of torque are on the
money.

   If you can get more heads for your hammer, you might consider a few heads
with different tips.  Then, you simply (and easily) unscrew the head/tip
combination you have on, and screw on the new combo that you need.  I carry
about 5 head/tip combos so that I have different sized tips as well as
varying head angles, etc.  One of these uses a narrow-walled tip for spinets
with pins jammed side by side.

   Something to consider!

Sincerely,
Tom Dickson,