tuning hammer tip

Lwellerrpt@AOL.COM Lwellerrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:43:08 EDT

Claudia-

I put an old tuning pin in my vise and crank against it very firmly.  If the
pin slips in the vise and gets chewed up, you can throw it out and get
another.

I have an assortment of different angled heads with different tips tightened
onto them so I can just change the heads and not worry about if the tips are
tight enough.  Sometimes you'll want a longer tip or wider angle to get past
plate struts on grands.  On some uprights where the lid folds back but still
sticks out over the pinblock, a short tip won't reach or you end up pinching
your fingers against the edge of the lid.

Lisa Weller