IBM laptop problem - help

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 21:07:28 -0700 (MST)

Does anyone out there have a startup diskette for
an IBM laptop i series 1400 type 2611-411. I
negelected to make a startup disk when I bought the
thing. None of the standard CDrom drivers seem to
make the cdrom work. There are other issues too,
but I can't use my factory installation CD until I
get that fixed.

If you have such a diskette, could you zip it and
send it to me as an attachment, please?

I'm sorry to report that I have missed about 2
weeks worth of pianotech emails. I'm getting back
on with my desktop computer.

I had a great time at the Convention in Chicago. We
had a brief meeting with many who are on this list.
Andy filled up in on many of the things he does to
keep us happy and to keep virii off this list. I
really appreciate also the many things Ron Berry as
WebMaster has to do to keep PTG.Org up and running
with all the new additions and changes which are
regularly necessary.

I gave a class on Advance Aural Tuning. If anyone
would like to have a copy of my notes, write me
privately. In general, I tried to demonstrate that
we need to temper all of the octaves as well as the
temperament section. I showed a balance between
single, double and triple octaves, as well as a
balance between 12th and 19ths. I think the class went
 well, at least no one went to sleep (which if they
did, I consider it my fault).

Jim Coleman, Sr.