Laminated soundboards

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:48:07 -0400

Now what if the lamination of the board was done in a curved caul?
If the panel was laminated crowned, wouldn't that induce extra
stiffness? Then maybe it could be made thinner a little, getting to be
more responsive and stiffer at the same time. Does anyone know if this
was ever tried?

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC