hearing protection

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:19:29 +0000

I too, am a believer in hearing protection.  I have a mild case of tinnitus,
so I use the plugs almost all the time.  I had a custom set made, but I
prefer to use the off-the-shelf musician's earplugs from Etymotic Research.
(That's the ER, in the ER-9's or ER-15's)  The easiest place to find these
plugs is in guitar centers, or those places that cater to rock-n-rollers.
They should be Less than $20, though I seem to remember they are even less
if purchased from Etymotic off their website.

http://www.etymotic.com/

I just checked the site, and the ER-20's off the shelf are $10.  There's
good information on the site comparing the foam plugs to flat-response ones,
so if you've tried to tune with the foam ones, it may be worth your time to
check these out!

Ron Koval