Lighter or Heavier ?

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 01:03:01 +0200

Thanks again Ed and Dave... and Stéphane for your interest

Seems like we have two ideas about how inertia levels affect
the touch of the piano. On the one hand we've said several
times the the higher the inertia the slower the action
repetition... and this has been equated loosely with terms
like sluggishness and then from this perspective, heaviness.
Then on the other hand a bit more lead is said to perhaps
lead to a lighter "feel" due to the help inertia lends ones
the key is in motion.

Interesting and to some degree conflicting lines of
thinking. All and all it leads one to think that Stanwood
ideas are fine.... a great refinement in relation to simple
DW/UW measurements.. but perhaps should be refined further
to somehow put a number on inertia .... inertia zones
perhaps.

I agree tho in the answers you two kindly voluntered that
DW/UW has a direct relationship to "touch" or "feel", yet
that these are also affected by other relationships.

Thanks again... would have liked to heard from others...
but. :)

Cheers
RicB