Affleck Piano Tuning?(and Yamaha PT100/Verituner)

SUSAN P SWEARINGEN ssclabr8@flash.net
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 16:21:30 -0500

Colin,

I agree with you 100%.  I do think it is important to tune aurally but why
not bring customers the best technology has to offer - a good set of ears, a
basic skill in aural tuning and a good quality ETD.  With my Verituner, I
can graduate to different octave types smoothly as I go from one section of
a piano to the next.  Only an extremely seasoned aural tuner would be able
to dunplicate this.  I can also tune whatever historical temperament my
customer may want.  Yes, in the old days, you had to pay your dues, and I
certainly respect tuners who do it 100% aurally, but it's just not necessary
to be a 100% aural tuner these days when you have such marvelous  ETDs that
are doing amazing things they couldn't just a few years ago.  I make this
statement assuming the tuners who use an ETD also know how to tune aurally.
I know that if I ever need to send my Verituner in for repair, I won't have
to cancel appointments.

How do others feel?

Corte Swearingen