was sluggish butts/ now verdigris

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:25:33 -0500

Tom,

In my experience, if there is verdigris, the end of the pin(s) will be a
green color.

If that isn't the case, then you probably have a friction problem of some
kind. Too much humidity? Too tight pinning? It could be several things.

But as I believe was pointed out the other day, if it's simply a friction
problem and you're not using a lubricant of any kind, then you need to
find a pin that will be tight in the birdseye and then ream the bushing to
fit. Normally. There might be occasions when you would have to rebush but
most of the time, this method of repinning will solve the immediate problem.

If there's excessive humidity, then other things might need to be done, such
as a DC system, better climate control in the house (if possible), etc.

Don Manino's broaches will help tremendously in a repinning job.

Hope this helps a little.

Avery