removing a plate by myself

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:47:40 -0400 (EDT)

Wow, that was quite a story. Scary, but I'll be it was exciting, too.

I was always curious: Can you use one of those devices that lifts engines
out of cars? I think it's called a cherry picker. I know someone that
rented one to pull his engine. It rides on wheels, and you can roll the
wheels under the car to position the chain hoist right above the engine. I
would think it's about the right height for a piano plate. And if you can
rent them for a one-time use, then that would be appropriate for removing
a plate when you're not in your shop. Or if you're working out of half a
single-car garage and don't want a permanent installation in your shop.

Anybody tried this?

Charles Neuman