Piano Technician Training

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:28:02 -0700

Here's another vote for the Randy Potter school. I are a graduate cum =
laude ( with mustard, I think that says). Seems like ages ago, though.=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: SUSAN P SWEARINGEN=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 3:40 PM
  Subject: Re: Piano Technician Training

  Hi Doug,

  While I don't know anything about American, I have taken the Randy =
Potter
  course and I found it to be of very high quality.  However, that said, =
I can
  tell you that it needs to be supplemented by additional training.  Of
  course, Randy would be the first to tell you this.  He bills the =
course as a
  beginning/intermediate course and that is exactly what it is.  I could
  nitpick about the course (numerous spelling and grammatical errors in =
the
  text), however, that doesn't change the fact that it is a very =
comprehensive
  course that includes video tapes that you have to make for evaluation. =
  thought it well worth the money but please don't stop there.  Randy's =
course
  should be supplemented by the PTG journal and, if you are serious,
  involvement in your local PTG chapter.  Randy has done a great service =
  people who want to get involved in piano tuning and I would highly =
recommend
  the course!

  Corte Swearingen
  Randy Potter Graduate