sluggish butt questions

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:39:25 -0700

Huh? What is it you're mixing? Naphtha and water? And if so, how'd the =
silicone get in there? =20
    Look, if you take a petroleum product like Naphtha, mix it with =
water in a bottle, and shake it real hard, it becomes an emulsion, and I =
suppose you could use it in that state, but it really doesn't dissolve =
to become a compound. It will separate out. I suggest you re-read both =
of the below posts and look for discrepancies.=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: pianolover 88=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 6:06 PM
  Subject: Re: sluggish butt questions

  l it sure worked for me at a ratio of about 8.1. mixed in a clear =
bottle and=20
  then applied it; no problem. I found, though, that in most cases, the =
water=20
  wasn't a necessary ingredient to shrink the bushings, but silicone =
added the=20
  much needed lubrication, once the excess moisture was leached out of =
the=20
  bushing, via the naphtha.

  Terry Peterson