Affleck Piano Tuning?(and Yamaha PT100/Verituner) - Tom

Matt Wynne ptuner@optonline.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:14:58 -0400

At 10:14 AM 7/16/02 -0400, you wrote:

> [...]

Sorry Tom,
I wasn't trying to instigate a snip-fest.  Actually, I started out as an
ETD tuner (with a PT-100, they don't work) and this was a question I asked
myself.  Since I was too cheap to buy a backup machine, I decided on slowly
developing my aural skills.  Moving up to a SAT allowed me to hear what
temperments were supposed to sound like, but I soon found that I was having
to correct the SAT more often than not.  Maybe the current generation of
ETDs produces flawless temperments, I haven't tried them, but I kind of go
down for the it's-me-against-the-piano sort of thing.

Hey different strokes for different folks - Its a big world with lots of
room for everyone.  I've known plenty of people who make a fine living off
of machine tunings.

My bit

Matt