Affleck Piano Tuning?(and Yamaha PT100/Verituner) - Tom

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:02:30 -0400

>So if the machine breaks, are you out of business?
>
>Matt
>
>Matt,
>         Yes , Out of business because we all know there us only one
ETD
>issued to each person in their lifetime. It breaks and you enroll in
Air
>Conditioning school.Or you use your backup,or next day a new one , or
>work up on your aural skills, or reschrdule your tunings and clean the
>shop. Respectfully, Tom Driscoll

Sorry Tom,
I wasn't trying to instigate a snip-fest.  Actually, I started out as an

ETD tuner (with a PT-100, they don't work) and this was a question I
asked
myself.  Since I was too cheap to buy a backup machine, I decided on
slowly
developing my aural skills.  Moving up to a SAT allowed me to hear what
temperments were supposed to sound like, but I soon found that I was
having
to correct the SAT more often than not.  Maybe the current generation of

ETDs produces flawless temperments, I haven't tried them, but I kind of
go
down for the it's-me-against-the-piano sort of thing.

Hey different strokes for different folks - Its a big world with lots of

room for everyone.  I've known plenty of people who make a fine living
off
of machine tunings.

My bit

Matt

	Matt, I passed the test aurally and now use an acutuner, for
background, and I wasn't being contentious in my previous post, but do
take exception to your comments about "machine tunings".
	I make my modest living on piano tunings not machine tunings.
	Perhaps I'm being a bit sensitive, but I saw first hand, (long
before ever using an ETD) the resistance and bias against ETD's in the
70's. (Just ask Dr. Sanderson)
	This discussion has been beaten to death over the years and you
have the right to your opinion but each method needs to be respected,
not denigrated. I'm not looking for a "snip Fest"
	Respectfully
	Tom Driscoll RPT