needle for bolstering knuckles??

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:43:39 -0600

antique stores
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike and Jane Spalding" <mjbkspal@execpc.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: needle for bolstering knuckles??

> OK, new question:  Where can I get a clothes ringer??

grand action, I can avoid all that capstain turning and let-off rail raising
that I hate to do!  I've been using a modified darning needle to pull a 2mm
wide strip of bushing cloth through the knuckles.  The foldover at the eye
is very difficult to pull through, and it stretches the buckskin more than
I'd like.  In Chicago, one of the instructors (if I could remember who, I
would contact him individually) described a flat needle with some kind of
clip to grip the end of the action cloth, that he uses for knuckle
bolstering.  He called it a glovers needle, and said the supply houses carry
them.  Well, the supply house glovers needles are triangular cross-section
voicing needles, aren't they?  So does anyone know what this flat needle is
really called, and where I can get one?