Stainless Steel Wire

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:32:28 -0400

In a message dated Tue, 16 Jul 2002 8:31:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, RCzekay@AOL.COM writes:

> Why would any technician want to restring a square piano? They make a nice desk or work bench, but they are worthless as a piano. The makers of the square conceded that when the
> burned a pile of them in New York in the late 1890s.

Money??  Square grands are what they are and as long as the customer completely understands their instrumental limits and still wants to restored it who am I to judge?
I am from the school of thought that I can't judge the  emotional value and historical value of someones piano, only the estimated market value.  Even the market value of a square grand today is hard to judge, I have seen 4 or 5 sell recently here in Texas for upward of $15,000.

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW