ceiling fans (was: Is it just me...)

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:02:01 +0000

Ah, the old slow-moving fan claims another tuner.

Glad to help out with that one!  First time it happened to me, I was in a
church I had tuned many times before.  I just kindof let myself in, turned
on the one light over the piano, keeping the sanctuary dark and got to work.
  Whoaaaa.. wowowowowo,,bingbingbing,  what's going on?  It took me awhile
to realize they had 'upgraded' that year by installing ceiling fans
(variable vibrato-inators) way up high, stained dark to match the dark wood,
which of course was shrouded in darkness, cause I hadn't turned on many
lights......

If you're sweltering, earplugs will help dampen the effect and let you tune
with a breeze blowing in your direction.

Ron Koval