When it's probably shot

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:44:35 -0400

Friends,

Do any of you condemn a piano without ever seeing it?  There are times
when I feel like I probably should, but the client is looking for some
professional input and hopefully a miracle.

I got a call.  A large family (eight kids) has a piano that was given to
them four years ago.   It sounds tinny, some of the keys don't work, and
the former owner told them it can't be tuned to standard pitch.  The
kids are taking lessons.  Money may very well be tight; I didn't ask.
Such service calls can be an adventure, to say the least!  Thoughts?

Regards, Clyde