When it's probably shot

Mike Kurta mkurta@adelphia.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:15:15 -0400

    From experience I've found the best policy is to objectively look at =
when you arrived.  Just my thoughts......
    Mike Kurta, RPT
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clyde Hollinger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 7:44 AM
  Subject: When it's probably shot

  Friends,=20
  Do any of you condemn a piano without ever seeing it?  There are times =
when I feel like I probably should, but the client is looking for some =
professional input and hopefully a miracle.=20

  I got a call.  A large family (eight kids) has a piano that was given =
to them four years ago.   It sounds tinny, some of the keys don't work, =
and the former owner told them it can't be tuned to standard pitch.  The =
kids are taking lessons.  Money may very well be tight; I didn't ask.  =
Such service calls can be an adventure, to say the least!  Thoughts?=20

  Regards, Clyde=20

  "Alan R. Barnard" wrote:=20

    Someone buys it for $100 (silly sap) calls you to come and tune it.