Two AC items

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:47:38 -0500

>Clyde
>
> From what I have been led to understand, it is not the how long the sound
> goes on, but at what decibel level it is, that hurts the ears. You might
> want get a decibel reader somewhere and see how loud that AC is. But even
> if it isn't loud enough to cause hearing damage, it might have other
> effects. There have been cases where a constant noise made people sick,
> or at most, irritable.
>
>Wim

Wim, quit being led and go look it up. <G>

Damage occurs@
85db 8 hours - heavy traffic, noisy restaurant, factory
110db 1 minute 29 seconds - power saw, baby crying, symphony concert
depending on where you look it up, but duration of exposure is as critical
as sound pressure level. I expect frequency range is too, but there doesn't
seem to be much out there on that. Diane, are you out there?

Ron N