"PTG Convention is focused on teaching...."

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 07:08:16 -0400

Friends,

I'm glad I'm not the person who needs to make the decisions on these
things.  While some of us would be willing to pay more for the
convention, there are already those who don't come because of the cost.
The convention committee has to try to hit that happy medium.  If an
increased expense keeps too many more people away, the committee will
have less money to work with, not more.

Sometime in the past I heard that PTG conventions are inexpensive
compared with conventions for other occupations.  Maybe, but it may also
be true that large companies cover the cost of their employees'
attendance, while for most of us the money comes directly out of our
wages.  That makes a big difference.

Regards, Clyde