small claims court

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:26:55 -0500

John:

I guess it depends on several things.  You can earn more money doing
tunings than spending your time traveling to/from court, and the
actual court time.  However, if you don't have any tunings to do, and
the alternative would be watching soaps, small claims court would
probably pay better than the soaps.

The deduct ability of the amount in question depends on how you do
your accounting -- accrual or cash.  Ask your tax advisor.  Most tax
advice from this list or other friends won't carry much weight with
IRS.

dave

On 7/19/2002 at 7:02 AM John M. Formsma wrote:

>Dear List,
>
>Do any of you have advice for the following?
>
>I am owed a little less than $200. Is it worth the effort to go to
small
>claims court when the court is located some 75 miles away?
>
>I hope no one has experience with this, but if you do, I'd benefit
from
>hearing it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John M. Formsma