When it's probably shot

MikeToc440@AOL.COM MikeToc440@AOL.COM
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:07:08 EDT

Clyde, others who are interested,

Here's a thought for those calls where the old upright needs everything and
money is short:  after first determining that there is no emotional
attachment to the piano, I often tell customers it might be better to just
get another (older) piano.  I try to have (or have access to) a functioning
old upright just for such customers (I also move pianos, as do most of you).
This provides a piano at far less expense than properly repairing their old
wreck (which I haul off salvage).   Old uprights can sometimes be obtained
for the hauling.

Tho I wouldn't condemn a piano over the phone, I've come very close.  Much
can be learned by asking questions over the phone.

Hope this helps,

Mike T