Untapered Soundboard Ribs

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:22:26 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/2002 7:18:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
caute@optusnet.com.au writes:

> Subj:Re: Untapered Soundboard Ribs
> Date:7/19/2002 7:18:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:caute@optusnet.com.au">caute@optusnet.com.au</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>        Hi Tony

      Thanks for the post. Interesting trip?  I don't think this all that
new. I've seen Baldwin L grands with the same deal. It might be a Del
Fandrich idea but I'm not speaking for him of course.  Actually when you
think about it that little piece of thin rib that goes into the liner is only
a small part of the equation as far as the strentgh needed to hold the board
on the rim. The glue is doing 95% of .the work. Radio speaker thing and labor
saving method. No fitting notches to the rib and the board can float a bit
during installation hhm not good.
           Dale