Bechstein key height

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:38:49 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Breakall, Raymond
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 11:03 AM
To: 'pianotech@ptg.org'
Subject: RE: Bechstein key height

John,

Thanks for the reply but the problem is that the keys are too high
already
in relation to the key slip. I have the thinnest balance rail punchings
sold
by Schaff and their are no glides on the keyframe. Sounds like the other
thing to do is have the keys too high in relation to the keyslip. Any
other
ideas?

Ray,
	Start fresh. Sample combinations of backrail cloth, balance rail
punchings, and frontrail punchings. Fit the keys to the fallboard,
keyslip and height of front rail pins,and check the relationship to the
damper levers.
      At one time the key height -dip relationships worked in this piano
and I'll bet that someone has messed this up with some incorrect
thickness's. Treat this from scratch and the piano will tell you the
correct choices.   Tom Driscoll