"PTG Convention is focused on teaching...."

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:34:50 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: J Patrick Draine=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Cc: J Patrick Draine=20
  Sent: July 19, 2002 10:11 AM
  Subject: Re: "PTG Convention is focused on teaching...."

  On Friday, July 19, 2002, at 11:27 AM, Delwin D Fandrich wrote:
  <big snip>

  We are trying to structure our once-a-year convention to make up for =
the relative lack of viable school facilities around the country.

  Well, the schools certainly aren't as inexpensive as PTG's offerings, =
but they are there, they're high quality, and there are openings.

  Patrick Draine=20

Oh, I agree. I was impressed by those who exhibited at our most recent =
convention. But over three decades of observation have convinced me =
there are always going to be a certain percentage of us who are not =
going to avail ourselves of their services. And we, as an organization, =
are going to continue to push for a variety of classes at our =
conventions to cater to that percentage.

Del