"PTG Convention is focused on teaching...."

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:51:19 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Avery Todd" <avery@ev1.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: July 18, 2002 1:59 PM
Subject: RE: "PTG Convention is focused on teaching...."

> >At least it is possible to reimburse some of
> >them for some of their expenses though not all.
>
> But this I can't understand! Why some but not all. Sounds like political
> BS to me! I know someone who taught at an Annual and couldn't even stand
> in the back of the room to watch a class because they hadn't "registered"
> for that class. Actually, two someones! And of course, they hadn't even
> come close to being reimbursed for what it had cost them to prepare for
> the class and even to get there! To me, that's the height of political BS!
> BTW, one of these two is always politically correct; the other one isn't!

Unless it has changed recently there is only one policy. Non-sponsored
instructors are partially compensated for their expenses. Sponsored
instructors--those sponsored by piano manufacturers, suppliers or those
selling their own products--are not.

Registration to the convention is included in that partial compensation
package so any instructor is free to attend any class he or she wishes to
attend.

Del